Photobucket

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sickness

Boy oh boy am I tired of being sick. It seems like I can't get over this stupid cold. I suppose it's mostly my fault since i feel there is no time to rest and that I should just keep going. Stubborn me.

So I am very excited for Alice in wonderland that is coming out next week. I have always been a fan of the book and the artwork. There is something very beautiful about ink drawings and i feel that alice in wonderland is a great example of it.


Photobucket

Sigh... i love the power of line and value.


I have been thinking a lot about the tattoo i want to get. I have decided exactly what I want to get. I want a lantern on my foot about 2 X 3 inches. Here is my reference for my tattoo. I am really forcing myself not to draw it up because I feel that if I just give my tattoo artist some reign for his own interpretation I will be much more plesently surprised.


Photobucket


I have been researching lanterns for a while now and this one seems just perfect. I think that it could end up being quite elegant.

The story behind my tattoo:

I actually have no prior attatchment to lanterns or weird obsession with them. The reason that I want to get this tattoo is because (as I explained in my last blog) I have been called to be a disciple and to let Gods light shine through me and keep a fire for God burning inside of me. I think that my life is going to have many more difficult times ahead of me and I really just want a reminder that I can keep with me always that I have devoted my life to Christ and He is my number one. I am getting it on my foot because that is a place that I will be able to cover up in case I am speaking to people that might be offended by tattoos (since I will be going to different cultures). Another reason I want it on my foot is because of the verse:

Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path
Psalm 119:105

New living Translation

I think it works out perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment