Photobucket

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cartoon

What an interesting day it has been. Tonight was youth group and i had to teach a group of 50 kids how to play an improv game. I chose "connnect the dots" because I figured it would be quite easy to learn - for those of you who dont know what connect the dots is i'll take a second to explain. First you get a suggestion from the audience, Preferably a normal household object, and one person steps out and says "I am _____" then another person adds onto the object. Its very much like scene painting.
So I was asked to teach that to a group of 9th through 12th graders. Oh my, it was the most confusing thing in the world. The kids that were the example group had no idea what was going on. I need to work more on my explaining. I've never taught to a group that has no improv experience whatsoever. It was a challenge, but they seemed to enjoy themselves.



So i got a table at the craft fair on friday and saturday. I'm very excited. I'm drawing caricatures (exagerated cartoon drawings of people). I just started drawing these about a month ago but i have really taken a liking to them. I feel like i'm improving quite a bit. I decided that since i'm going to be giving 50% of the profits to the youth group that i would use caricatures of the youth leaders as my examples.

Here are Chad and Benjer the jr high and senior high youth pastors:





I was too lazy to go and scan the picture so I just took the picture with my webcam. Sorry for the poor quality.

Well i better go work on my picture of Matty.
Goodnight (:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leesh,

    Thanks for leaving the comment. I didn't know you had a blog...I will definitely be checking in :)

    I hope you find some stuff you like on the websites. I've been happy with everything I've purchased.

    Take Care,
    Sheridan

    ReplyDelete