Photobucket

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One mans trash...

Photobucket

I dont know if anyone knows this or not but I LOVE buttons.
Especially vintage ones.

Whenever I find shoes, pants, hats, gloves, anything with a button on it I instantly am attracted to it. Matt always teases me about my love affair with buttons. I would love to somehow incorporate buttons into the theme of our wedding one day. That would be wonderful.

A few months ago we were at our favorite antique shop and I found this jar FULL of antique buttons for four dollars. I have no idea why I didn't buy it but I should have because the next time I went in I couldn't find it.

Here are a few things I have learned for when you got antique or thrift shopping:

1. Never go without money You'll end up finding something you love and be incredibly sad that you dont have the 5 or 6 dollars for your little treasure.

2. If you find something you love and can afford it, buy it! If this is a good antique or thrift shop then the place is most likely a mess and you will never, and I mean never, find it again. (unless you're buying something large like an antique stove, sofa, chair, cabinet, etc.)

3. Make sure you check everywhere on your item to make sure it is not broken, stained, or harmed in any other way. Obviously it is very sad to come home with something and then find out something is wrong with it. But I double check everything before I buy it, especially since I'm on my own now and spending money is kind of a big deal.

1 comment:

  1. Where is this antique shop? We must go! I love a good find.

    ReplyDelete