Photobucket

Saturday, July 31, 2010

True Friends.

I feel like I'm finally getting on the right path to finding true friends.
In the past I have had the hardest time finding friends that will be there for me. Friends that won't leave at the first sign of trouble. I never understood why it was so hard for me to find good friends. Then I started to realize that its hard for everyone, some people just choose to stay with the bad ones. I'm not sure if it's for fear of not having a friend anymore or that we're afraid of not being accepted somewhere else. I'm glad that I gave up my old friendships and I don't feel that it is cold or heartless for me to say that. My growth as a person and in God was being stunted. The friendships actually brought me more sadness that happiness. Now that I have accepted that I need to look deeper than "hey, we have the same interests" to find a good friend. And I'm ok with that, because the family I have built around myself is so loving, caring, and always there for one another. I don't feel like I'm in a battle anymore, and that feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment