Photobucket

Monday, August 30, 2010

Nesting

So I am all moved in and now am in the process of nesting.

Photobucket

Nesting: -verb (used without object)to settle in or as if in a nest.
My first night was honestly really rough for me. It felt like I was in someone's guest bedroom but somehow they got ahold of all my stuff and put it in there for me (talk about a creepy welcome). I also have never been homesick before so I had NO idea how to handle such a thing so I of course called Matt (at two in the morning mind you, bless his heart) and he came over and brought me ibuprofen to calm me down.
I have found myself a winner ladies and gentleman!
So after a few days of being here I have really come to be quite comfortable here but to feel complete I need to nest. I need to make this space my own and although all my things are here I feel I need to do more to make myself comfortable in this room. So I have a decoration project on my hands and I am really excited about it. The thing is that I can't paint or remove the boarder on the wall (its Craig Massie's old room and has a sports pattern on it. Farthest thing from my personality as you can get) so I need to find a good way to cover it up without damaging anything or spending a lot of money. I love a challenge.
Some rooms I find inspiring:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(notice the stuffed totoro in the corner)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket







2 comments: