Photobucket

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sunday

Oh my goodness I am behind. Just imagine how long my blog will be when I get back from Japan. A whole two weeks of not writting here (I'll keep my notebook so I will remember).

Sunday

Sunday I worked until about six and had an annoying customer that was there my ENTIRE shift. He isn't a creepy guy but he goes over board sometimes. For instance, on Sunday I told him that I am leaving for Japan on the 8th of June for two weeks. He got this extremely sad look on his face and said "What am I going to do without seeing your face for two weeks?". I told him that he was fine for the six months he went there before me. THEN he informed me that that was before he was "addicted" to me. Who is this guy? What is he going to tell me next, my love is his drug? Ridiculous.

Then I went on my lunch break and sat down with my tea and started to read. Well, he must of thought that I hadn't had enough of him and this was my code for "Hey, you should come and join me!". He must of failed Social skills 101 in school. So my work day was not exactly a fun one, it wasn't bad, just not my favorite.

After work I went to youth group in Bountiful where Matt was teaching about loving your enemy. He used the example of Osama bin Laden and asked the question "Did he deserve to die?". That was a hard question for me to answer, I felt wrong making the call on someone's life, even if they are evil. But then we investigated some more and realized that he deserved death and eternal damnation. But as we read further we started to realize that so do we... so do I. Romans 3:23 says "... for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". Now, I know that comparing myself to Osama bin Laden sounds harsh; but I don't disagree with it. I have also sinned, I have commited murder in my heart and have destroyed people with my harsh words. I am a liar, cheater, and a theif. I do, and always will, fall short of the glory of God.


OSAMA BIN LADEN


Here are some other verses:

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall lover your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..." Matthew 5:43-48

"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister 'Raca' (idiot) is answerable to the court. Anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."
Matthew 5:21-22

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners Christ died for us" Romans 5:8

The greatest commandments are to Love God and Love everybody else. I admit to breaking both of these. I learned that because of this, we should be humbled and repentant.


"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles."
Proverbs 24:17

No comments:

Post a Comment